Honey Pot Childcare
Honey Pot Childcare is situated within the grounds of Bridge Chapel Community Centre, off Heath Road in South Liverpool. Honey Pot Childcare is a recently renovated nursery which cares for children aged 18 months to 5 years. It is also a Breakfast Club, Afterschool Club and Holiday Club for primary school aged children who attend local schools; Gilmour primary school and Springwood Heath.
The nursery is situated in a leafy residential area within close proximity to a range of bus stops and a train station. To the side of the building is a large garden area which the children have access to throughout the day. In addition, we have a side garden which is fenced securely to allow children to use their physical skills. The toddler room has it’s own garden to the rear of the building which offers free-flow access to the garden all day. The children also have access to local parks within the vicinity which are visited as often as possible.
The nursery is open Monday to Friday from 7.30am until 6pm. Morning sessions run from 8am until 1pm and afternoon sessions run from 1pm until 6pm. The nursery is closed on weekends and Bank Holidays. The nursery also closes for a week at Christmas. Breakfast Club runs from 7.30am until 9am and includes drop off at school. Those accessing the afterschool club are collected from school when school finishes and are taken back to the setting until 6pm. Holiday Club runs in line with Liverpool Local Authority’s school term dates.
This room is the toddler room and caters for children 18 months – 3 years.
This room has its own dedicated nappy changing room and has facilities to support children who are potty training. Children in this room have free flow access to the toddler garden which is specifically designed with toddlers in mind.
Staff based in this room are specifically trained in working with and caring for toddlers and have attended a variety of training specific to this age range including 2 year development reviews, child development in 2-3 years, food & nutrition for children aged 2+ and early mark making. The room leader of Busy Bees also attends termly network meetings, step up for 2’s.
This room is the pre–school room catering for children aged 3 –5 years.
This room also has a nappy changing facility and chid sized toilets which children are encouraged to use independently. Children in this room have free flow access to the garden. Staff based in this room are specifically trained in working with and caring for 3 – 5 year olds and have attended a variety of training specific to this age range including child development in 3 – 5 years, food & nutrition for children aged 3+, phonics, effective storytelling and school readiness.
- Operates as a full day care nursery 51 weeks a year. Also offers some term time only places. Alongside the nursery, operates as a Breakfast Club, Afterschool Club, Holiday Club for primary school aged children. Has a 7.30am opening time.
- Our children benefit from local trips out using our walk o-diles which is a much safer alternative to traditional walking ropes/reins.
- All play rooms have free flow access into the garden.
- Large, exciting garden areas
- We have access to our own minibus which allows us to plan trips further afield and transport the children accessing forest school.
- We provide extra activities for the children to enjoy as well as the wonderful experiences they have on a daily basis including Caterpillar Music, Children’s Yoga, Diddikicks, Gardening sessions & French sessions.
- We have a qualified forest school leader who delivers forest school sessions to our pre-school children on a weekly basis.
- Famly – An online learning journal where you will receive daily updates of your child’s day in nursery and their progress in their learning & development.