Honey Pot Aigburth is a large detached house situated on Aigburth Road in South Liverpool and opened its doors to the public in July 2007. The nursery is situated in a leafy residential area within close proximity to a range of bus stops and a train station. To the rear of the building is a garden area which the children have access to throughout the day, in addition, we have a baby garden which is fenced securely to allow uninterrupted outdoor play for the younger children in our care. The children also have access to local parks within the vicinity which are visited as often as possible.
The nursery is open Monday to Friday from 8am until 6pm. Morning sessions run from 8am until 1pm and afternoon sessions run from 1pm until 6pm. The nursery is closed on weekends and bank holidays. The nursery also closes at 1pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve where they fall on a weekday.
The nursery is run by a full-time, supernumerary nursery manager named Fatima. Fatima has worked in early years for over 20 years & has worked for Honeypot Nursery group since 2012. She has an NVQ level 3 childcare qualification & also a level 3 management qualification. The nursery manager is also supported by the deputy manager. Each room has experienced room leaders whose responsibility it is to ensure the smooth running of the room and ensure high standards. The rest of the staff team are mostly fully qualified staff who have completed NVQ level three qualifications in childcare and development. We do also have a couple of nursery apprentices who are working full time whilst undertaking study. All staff have received accredited training in paediatric first aid. We have a nursery chef who works every day preparing highly nutritious and tasty meals for the children. The staff team is supported by the core management team comprising of company directors, a finance department, an accounts/HR manager, a food and nutrition manager, two area managers and a quality and training manager.
Is one of two self-sufficient baby units which caters for children 0 – 2 years. The room has a self-contained milk kitchen and nappy changing area.
Staff based in this room have been specifically trained in working with & caring for children 0-2 years & have also attended a variety of training specific to this age including heuristic play, working with babies, child development in 0-2 years, food and nutrition for children 0-2 years.
Is our second baby unit which again caters for children aged between 0 – 2 years. The room has its own nappy changing area and also has patio door which leads onto our garden area to allow free flow access to provide indoor/outdoor play.
Staff based in this room have been specifically trained in working with and caring for children 0-2 years and have also attended a variety of training specific to this age including heuristic play, working with babies, child development in 0-2 years, food and nutrition for children 0-2 years.
This room is the toddler room and caters for children 2 – 3years.
This room has its own nappy changing room and has facilities to support children who are potty training.
Staff based in this room are specifically trained in working with and caring for 2-3 year olds and have attended a variety of training specific to this age range including 2 year development reviews, child development in 2-3 years, food & nutrition for children aged 2+ and early mark making.
The room leader of Busy Bees also attends termly network meetings, step up for 2’s.
This room is the pre–school room catering for children aged 3 –5 years.
This room also has a nappy changing facility and chid sized toilets which children are encouraged to use independently. The room has its own kitchen area which allows children to carry out cooking activities on a regular basis. The room also has an interactive whiteboard for the children to access various educational programmes.
Staff based in this room are specifically trained in working with and caring for 3 – 5 year olds and have attended a variety of training specific to this age range including child development in 3 – 5 years, food & nutrition for children aged 3+, phonics, effective storytelling and school readiness.
- The nursery has a sensory room in which the children are able to spend time with their key group to explore all of their senses. There are a wide variety of resources such as bubble tubes, treasure baskets, lighting, sensory resources and a large fish tank.
- The children benefit from local trips out using our specially designed ‘turtle bus’. This six seater pram means that children can be safely taken on visits around our local area such as to local parks & shops.
- Our older children also benefit from local trips out using our walk-o-diles which is a much safer alternative to traditional walking ropes/reins.
- We have access to our own minibus which allows us to plan trips further afield and transport the children accessing forest school.
- We provide extra activities for the children to enjoy as well as the wonderful experiences they have on a daily basis including caterpillar music, childrens yoga, diddikicks, gardening sessions & French sessions.
- We have a qualified forest school leader who delivers forest school sessions to our pre-school children on a weekly basis.
- EYlog – An online learning journal where you will receive daily updates of your child’s day in nursery and their progress in their learning & development
'Nursery World' Awards